Past Event | November 1
OSG User Training
Sign Up for our November 1st New User Training!
Sign up for our upcoming New User training session on Tuesday, November 1st!
Our New User training’s primary objective is for you to learn job submission principles to the Open Science Pool. This workshop will cover:
- How to visualize distributed computing on the Open Science Pool
- Distinguish High-Performance Computing (HPC) vs. High Throughput Computing (HTC)
- Identify ideal jobs to run on the Open Science Pool
- Learn the basic elements of an HTCondor submit file.
This workshop will also feature an exercise using text analysis and the next steps you can take to start your workflow.
All User Training sessions are offered from 2:30-4:00pm EST (and usually on Tuesdays). New User Training is offered monthly, generally on the first Tuesday of the month, and training on various additional topics happens on the third Tuesday of the month. It’s best to already have an active account on an OSG Connect login node (or other access point that submits to the Open Science Pool) to follow along with hands-on examples, but anyone can listen in by registering.
Other upcoming trainings:
- Tuesday, November 15: Using R on the OSPool, more information and registration coming soon.
New OSG Users
Tuesday, November 1st from 2:30-4:00pm EST
We provide ongoing support via email to [email protected], and it’s never a bad idea to start by sending questions or issues via email. You can typically expect a first response within a few business hours.